Monday, August 29, 2005

OH YEAH!

Marilyn was in the big town twenty five miles south of us last week. It was one of her pick up and delivery days for the kennel. She usually picks up 8 to 10 dogs in the morning and takes them back all groomed and dolled up that evening.
One lady who was a little over nine month's pregnant, met her at the door with the dog. She shoved her dog at Marilyn and said, "Boy, am I glad to see you. This dog is a mess". They agreed that Marilyn would return the dog about 6 P.M.
That evening, she met Marilyn at the door with a rather sheepish look. Seems that after handing her dog to Marilyn, she took the kids to school and came home to find her dog missing. She was frantic that the dog was nowhere to be found and reported the disappearance or possible abduction to the pound, the city dog catcher, the Police, the neighbors and everyone else she could think of.
I'm sure her forehead is a little flatter from that moment when she 'remembered'. Hormones are a wonderful thing.

6 comments:

JUST A MOM said...

OK Cliff when your belly is that big it creates hard preasure on your brain. Good thing that Marilyn made it to the door before the cops saw she ahd the dog. Hope she got a good tip too!

Jamie Dawn said...

I had no idea that pregnancy and Alzheimer's were linked.

Ralph said...

Cliff
Excellent story. Did she remember she took the kids to school?
Ralph

Idgie @ the "Dew" said...

Yesterday I was in a busy spot and had picked up one of my kids. I do the "every 30 second kid check" that I do in public places and can't find one! I panic for at least 15 seconds, full blown, before I realize I'm holding him.

Sigh....

Cliff said...

Idge, THAT is funny!!

PBS said...

How embarrassing for her! But she obviously had a lot else to think about!