Friday, September 11, 2009

The Last of the Wedding

Let me explain something for those who asked. The reason the Campbells and the Morrow's know each other is that my bride Marilyn (L) and Char (Mrs Ralph) have known each other most of their lives. You know, same neighborhood and schools and such. I think the fact that Ralph and I both have an attraction to good looking women is why we're all friends. By him self, Ralph, like me, is nothing to write home about.
Ralph toasting his Son and new DIL Desiree and family. It was delivered with the eloquence we've come to expect from this man.

His new Grandaughter also thought it was touching...OR...she didn't much like it judging by her tears. It was the former btw. She is a lovely, mature young lady.

Me and my buddy Ralph. An umpire's uniform made me feel under dressed. However if anyone had mentioned it I would have ejected them from the party.

The cutting of the wedding cake by the Mr and Mrs Campbell.
This whole thing, the wedding, the reception, were all fun. I don't care who you are.

16 comments:

EV said...

Those picture tell the story, Cliff. Git er done.

Ralph said...

Thank You, my friend. Exceptionally done as usual.
Ralph

Paul Nichols said...

I think you two could hold the whole world together. Keep in mind the importance of the uniforms you both are wearing. Don't ruin nuthin' by running for President or something like that.

Peter said...

Just knew the girls were the mainstay all along Cliff.

Rachel said...

What a wonderful day for all involved!! What a lovely couple!
Pretty cake too!

Live Well, Laugh Often and Love Much said...

Well said Father Cliff ! Well said !

Shannon said...

Great shots!!!! Love the good looking woman part, that had to gain you at least 3,000 brownie points with the wife.

Janell said...

Beautiful! And I loved your closing paragraph. Amen, brother.

Jerry in Texas said...

Amen, Brother Cliff!

Let's play ball!

Jamie Dawn said...

Both you and Ralph has lovely wives, that is for sure!

You had way too much power during that wedding.
You officiated in two ways... you performed the ceremony AND had the power to bench people and/or toss them from the whole thing. It's a wonder there wasn't a brawl!!

:-)

Lanny said...

Thank for connecting the dots.

Jim said...

Aren't you glad they didn't elope!!
You did very good with the write-up, Cliff. I don't care what they say, you are a goooooood writer.
I do have a question about the reception, I am wondering where it was held. it looks rather old and restored?
Again, just plain excellent in pictures and words.
..

Jane said...

Great photos! Great memories! Thanks for sharing. Good luck on the new couple's life ahead. By the way, these best gifts that you could give your better-half might interest you too. Thanks and have a nice and fulfilling day.

nora leona said...

I think the cutest couple is you and Ralph!

LZ Blogger said...

Cliff ~ More great pictures from which must have been a VERY wonderful day! Un-like say... a recent Saturday in Blacksburg, VA! ~ jb///

gel said...

Splendid wedding photos and love. I had no idea about this Umpire stuff, Cliff. I like how you summed up the reception and wedding! Pass on my best wishes to all.

BTW, I must comment on LZ's comment above because my "Sapphire" was cheering in the stands, for her university: VA Tech! I thought of you guys when I heard about the game and I DID remind her I have blog friends in NE, to which she replies the same way she does when they play MY college or her Dad's. We get no respect!