Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentines Day 2011

This is pretty exciting. It's before noon, and I've been outside loading a truck. The only outer wear I had on was a pull over sweatshirt. I feel as though I've been set free.  I don't know how warm it is but we're contending with mud so it must be above freezing which is just as good as 75 degrees to those of us who have been living in the locker plant for the past two months. I did hear 50 degrees plus, for a high in our forecast. Now, where's my speedo. (it was a joke so knock off the laughter)
I took this picture with my phone which isn't too good at sunlight stuff but I liked it just the same so here it is. Beautiful Nebraska. That isn't snow on the ground, it's the white that's left over after the snow melts.
This being Valentines Day, my wife and I exchanged pleaseantries today and then renewed our vow to each other as we are in the middle of our 40th year of wedded bliss.  Actually we've agreed to stay married to each other so as not to run the risk of ruining two other peoples lives.

9 comments:

Donna. W said...

We had a similar day. I didn't know I loved mud so much, but after all the cold and snow, it's OK.

EV said...

Happy Valentines Day guys!

Granny Annie said...

Oh just admit that you guys are hopelessly devoted to one another:) Here's a present for you (although you have probably seen this since it's from Nebraska).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o83W0gj_CRE

Paul Nichols said...

I was thinking the same thing. Warmth and Wonderful are like two peas in a pod.

And you and Marilyn are like two soybeans in a pod. Two puppies in a pen. Aren't I creative?

crystal.cattle said...

I love the red tint to the... Not sure what you are unloading but it seems very fitted for Valentine's Day. I am very excited about this warm weather as well!

www.cdycattle.blogspot.com

Jerry in Texas said...

I like your marriage vows. Sounds like a good plan.

Lots of corn hauling going on in Indiana too.

Lanny said...

I bet you like mud, it must last, what, a whole month or two there. Glad to see you don't have any snow on the ground any more.

JunieRose2005 said...

;) Your post made me smile!

C. and I will be celebrating our 50th anniversary on April 27th....I guess after all those years-
(even your 40... ) it's a little unrealistic to even think about changing course...lol


Thanks for visiting me recently!


Junie

Rachel said...

Ah, the romance continues, and for two wonderful people!!!