Wednesday, February 07, 2007

See You Later

Education, I've always thought, was an organized method we have developed to keep track of the mistakes. Because of this, when someone says 2 + 2 = 4, we can assume the answer is correct and there is no need to hold up our hand and start counting our fingers. Someone else has made a mistake and we know about it. That's education.
I'm leaving to go to a workshop for County officials. Grandpa is going to school is the way I explained it to my Grandson. It will be a little over two days of learning the most recent method some official has found to get himself/herself into trouble with law enforcement or taxpayers, and how we can avoid doing the same thing.
Some of these lessons make me angry that we've been brought to this point by a frivilous lawsuit that some gutless judge couldn't find in his heart to throw out. I guess it would put an attorney out of work for a while. What better reason is there?
We'll learn too much here and too little there but it generally is well worth the time. So see you guys this weekend.
I leave you with this: If a parsley farmer is sued and looses, can they garnish his wages?
If you're the last one to leave, turn out the lights and set the alarm.
Cliff has left the building.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could not agree with you more about frivolous lawsuits and the waste of money on them.

The teacher in me however, cannot resist saying, "Cliff, sit up straight, pay attention, and remember to ask good questions1"

Anonymous said...

Cliff,
Do us proud. Don't fall asleep...or at least, don't snore.

PinkCat said...

Don't you have too much fun or you may not want to come back.

Take care xx

Jim said...

Hey Cliff, you didn't tell us where it is you are going for that school!
How can we drool over a nice warm, pretty, friendly place if we don't know where it is?
I went to a four week school at Lockheed in Palo Alto while I worked at NASA. One fellow didn't behave himself, I pretty much did.
I'll blog about his antics one of these days.

We will see you when you get back. Unless you find a WiFi around there, then you can fill us in and tell us another good tall tale.
Enjoy.
..

Rachel said...

Have a nice school trip Cliff. I have to agree also about the lawsuits and the amount of money wasted on them. Hope you learn something to make it all worthwhile!

Bossy said...

those lawsuits drive me crazy..

school trips rock..

Raggedy said...

There are way to many frivolous lawsuits these days. It just irks me.
Enjoy your class and try and make the most of it.
lol at the parsley farmer.
Have a wonderful week!
*^_^
(=':'=) hugs
(")_ (")Š from
the Cool Raggedy one
*turns off light
*closes door
*sets alarm
I wish I could see the next commenter reaction when all the whistles and alarm bells sound when they enter...tee hee
If they get over that then they will have to fumble all around to try and find the light switch...

Gel said...

I'm "cheering" that you left the building only because it sounds like you'll learn and undoubtedly have a tale or two to impart when you return. I am "a-fraid-jeur"(jeur is day in French) to anticipate how hard I'll laught at what you post! Enjoy, young grandpa. :D

EV said...

I agree with your assessment, Cliff. Albeit, lawyers flourish because they have clients (opportunists). Over 80% of the baby-boomers have not prepared financially for retirement. When survey , that same percentage plan to fund their elder years by law suit judgments or winning the lottery. That's scary - it puts individuals and businesses (also you and me the cost is passed to the consumer) in the cross hairs.

Have fun in school. Cool it with the spit wads - your getting too old for that nonsense and you could be video taped. :)

nora leona said...

I can't wait to hear the stories.

Lee said...

I had to bring a flashlight and some candles with me to read this...but I blew the candles out upon leaving!

Peter said...

Hi there, I’ve been relying on using Bloglines to do my daily rounds of the blogroll for a while now, it’s a very time saving method but it feels a bit impersonal at times, so it’s a hot Saturday, I’m gonna sit here and visit with everyone, It won’t feel any different to you but know that I chose to visit today instead of just answering an electronic reminder.
Have a good day.
And you must be due back on air too Cliff.

1 plus twins said...

now you better behave on your school trip!!!

Jamie Dawn said...

Remember to raise your hand whenever you want to ask a question or make a comment.
If you forget, don't worry. Teachers no longer have the right to do a thing to students who misbehave.
Put on your thinking cap and enjoy your lessons!

About frivolous lawsuits: I'm trying to figure out a way to get injured by french fry. So far, I've come up with being burned, choking, breaking a tooth on a crunchy fry...
One of these days, I'll have a plan to sue and get RICH!! Until then, I'm enjoying the research.