Thursday, February 17, 2005

Early Faxes

We received another fax at 4 in the morning today. Since our fax number rings the house, I found myself scrambling to get the phone before it woke the kids.
At 4 in the morning it's hard to remember you don't have kids at home any more. Also I've always had this thing about answering the phone like I've been awake for hours. I would hate to think that anyone would form the opinion that I couldn't get my lazy rear out of bed by 4 AM.
These faxes are advertisements for stocks that cost about 22 cents per share but are anticipated to be woth $22 in a few weeks. They come about once a week, at 4 AM.
I got up this morning and found the FCC's web page for filing complaints about this sort of thing. I told them I didn't care if they stopped the faxes, I just needed the home phone number of the CEO. There are some nights that I can't sleep and I could use some entertainment.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

cliff let me know if there is anybody that needs a poundin'


RED

Ralph said...

Cliff

While my fax machine isn't at home, I get a lot of those as well. It is comforting to know that at three and four in morning people are concerned about me paying to much on my mortage rate and even want me to take the vacation of a lifetime at such an unbelievable low rate.

Ralph

Idgie @ the "Dew" said...

Cliff,
I feel your pain. I worked out of the house for 5 years or so and I retain a bitter hatred for the fax solicitations that come in the wee hours.

Even better when the fax keeps jamming or not receiving so it re-dials several times!

Miss Waffle said...

Thanks for the comment...I didn't think anyone would read my first entry.

Fax machines are annoying, we always used to get junk mail through ours, but now its broken >:) Telemarketers are also stupid, I've always wanted to try one of those 'telemarketer repellant' things you see online.

Waffley x

Anonymous said...

Cliff, there is some great information about this on junkbusters.com. There are actually a few people out there that have profited from this sort of thing by suing junk faxers in small claims court.

JunkFax.Org also has some helpful information.