Sunday, February 06, 2005

The Sun Came Up, I Think

Marilyn and I have had cold and/or flu symptoms, severe ones, for a few days now. We spent yesterday sitting, and staring at the wall, and not really caring if anything got done. I awoke this morning, early. At 5:01 AM. Early you ask, why didn't someone who feels like you do, sleep in?? Well my 3 yr old granddaughter, whom we 'lovingly' refer to as "our little angel" apparently sabotaged my alarm clock. I say apparently because, as per her M.O. she wiped the crime scene clean of any evidence that could implicate her of any wrong doing. Anyway, after a restless 5 and 1/2 hrs of sleep, my alarm went off, on 'radio', no station in particular, several actually, and on FULL VOLUME. I shut the alarm off, which is on Marilyn's side of the bed, but She had spent the night in the half upright position, in her chair in the living room. I then took my c-pap mask off of my throat. (no, you're right, they are normally worn on the nose.) And then picked up the c-pap machine itself, which of course followed me to the alarm clock.
The point here is that despite the plot launched by the Angel, it was great to see that the sun came up today. At least we assume it did. We can't see it because of the clouds that have brought us a layer of ice and now snow. But never the less, it's light outside and we have survived to cough another day.
We had a Super Bowl party planned for today, but have called that off. Now all that is left to do is sit and wait in wild anticipation of another stellar performance, put on at half-time. The NFL really has its' hand on the pulse of the football fans of this country. Nothing says entertainment like a well executed 'buttonhook', and rap music sung by a guy grabbing his crotch every 4.2 seconds.
At halftime, I think I'll pretend I'm at the doctor. I'm going to turn my head and cough.

2 comments:

Ralph said...

Cliff

Hope the two of you getting feeling better soon. I have to admit I don't even know who is playing in the superbowl but I am looking forward to it. The commercials and the food is what the game is all about - at least to me. Check that alarm clock before going to bed tonight.

Ralph

Anonymous said...

Cliff,

I replied to an email from you without having checked your blog. Had I reversed the order I would have known that Super Sunday was not dawning accompanied by fun and frivolity.

Anyway, the Bud Skydiver ad and the more serious welcome home troops ad brought two very different perspectives to the half time show.

Hope the weather clears and the flu goes its way.

Best regards,

Dick Sells