Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Practical Joke??

We've had near record warm weather this winter. The exception was a few weeks of colder than normal temps back in December. I mean it's been warm. Sooo, the letters from the golf club have started coming reminding us of the impending start of golf league. The seed and fertilizer dealers are making final sales. The calendar said the first day of spring was yesterday. The birds were chirping and the trees were begining to swell at the ends of their new shoots. So we got a bunch of snow yesterday and again today. All of the schools have been closed for two days now.
God has a mean streak and a sense of humor.
Okay. I get it. We're not in charge.
I've gotta go hang my clubs up, in the basement.

9 comments:

Miki said...

Hi Cliff, thanks for your kind and warm comments on my blog, it helps to have folks like you to help me thru the rough patches. We too here on Long Island(NY) have been having insanely cold temps for the past few days, is it really MARCH 21st? I think we have been touched by the same practical joker as you guys!

Jamie Dawn said...

Not so fast with putting those clubs away. I'm sure in a day or two the weather will be completely different.
Could be rain, a tornado, or good golfing weather...
Who knows?

Cold weather sucks!!!!
The joke's over, God. Please turn on the heat.

Rachel said...

It's that March weather. Anything can happen!

Just put on a pot of soup and kick back for a while longer. Before you know it, it'll be grass cutting time.

Anonymous said...

Remember, the Ground Hog did see his shadow. It just didn't say which 6 weeks the winter would come.

EV said...

Cliff, I remember you writing about "Moving Day." For that reason, I thought of you when I heard it was "Sock Burning Day" - another esoteric day. It's the day that recreational sailors burn their socks - because you don't need socks when you're wearing deck shoes. I'm w/ JD .... keep those clubs within reach.

Ralph said...

"We need the moisture." If I hear that one my time . . .
Ralph

Anonymous said...

Cliff,
The schools around here were in session. I know this because as I was in my truck getting the mail, the schoolbus went barreling down the road completely covering my windshield with slush.

I've had it with cold weather. Take me back to Tulsa.

Peter said...

Hi Cliff, what's with the spring seasson starting on March 20? our seasons all start on the 1st....
March - Autumn
June - Winter
September - Spring
December - Summer
Happy golfing.

PinkCat said...

Hey Cliff its that extra hole in the sky...!!

Happy Sprintime.

Take care xoxox