Thursday, June 17, 2004

Alpha

If I told someone from our small town that "last night about 4:30 A.M. I was
blogging for the first time", the women would turn red, and run. The
men would just wink and say, "well attaboy. It's about time. You're what, 54 years old"?
I may wait a while to try and explain just what blogging is until I figure out what
blogging is. My nephew Marty, from Indianappolis, though well intentioned, got me started
doing this, and here I am, the maiden voyage.
I see two possible outcomes to this. One, in a few years, this may cross my mind one more
time as the thirty minutes I wasted that one June morning back in oh-four. Or I may brag
a bit and say "oh yeah, I've been blogging for years" as if to say "you moron, get with
it, learn how to use that computer.
Now I lay me down to sleep. Thanks Marty. I think.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

now I'm testing to see that comments are working...

Anonymous said...

Oh! blogging. I thought you said clogging. I figured you were preparing for the upcoming Lewis and Clark celebration. I was deep into picturing your version of River Dance until I remembered they wear tights.
Admittedly I was intrigued by the thought of a father, grandfather, farmer, husband, truck driving, county supervisor clogger! Blogging is OK I guess as long as no one gets hurt and you don't put an eye out.
Ed Bennett, Parker Colorado

Anonymous said...

I assume, since I had prostate surgery several years ago, that I'll be unable to blog, or clog, but I can still 3 putt (Ifound that out this morning). Fran Morrow

Anonymous said...

I assume, since I had prostate surgery several years ago, that I'll be unable to blog, or clog, but I can still 3 putt (Ifound that out this morning). Fran Morrow

Anonymous said...

Since I had prostate surgery several years ago, I have been advised by my VA doctor that blogging, and clogging, are not recommended. I can, however, still 3 putt, as I found out this morning. Fran M.

Anonymous said...

I think you 3-putted your comment... lol. MEM

Anonymous said...

we are not blogging or clogging--but our brains are fogging---we did not think the first two comments had taken--lol--we do not know what we are doing!! lol--fran and robbie

Vegas Greg said...

When I saw the word blog, I immediately assumed it was an acronym for Brilliant, Lovable, Old Guy, however, if it truly has another meaning,I believe, to blog, is to carry two potatoe sacks full of kids through a crowded airport to a minivan parked on the top floor of a parking garage in 100 degree heat. Oh, imagine that, I just did that two days ago. Regards, and Cliff, whatever blog means, trust me, nobody does it better than you.

Okie Sis said...

Hey Cliff: I always suspected, but now I know! It's about time you came out of the closet!:>)Ruth

Anonymous said...

nice job
mimf