Sunday, September 25, 2005

Home Grown Help


The irrigation pipe was still laying in the field. With corn harvest drawing near, that was a problem. It took me several days, (with the help of a couple of high school boys) to lay it out. My two son's from the city, showed up this morning announcing they'd come to help pick-up pipe. In three hours and fifteen minutes we were done. I'd forgotten how good these two were. They could lay it out in the field just as fast. AND the job would be done right. It was kind of like being on a high school baseball team and having a couple of professionals come and play a game for you. Boys, as far as I'm concerned, you're the best there is.... well at irrigation pipe hauling and a lot of other things. Home grown help is definitely the best. I love you Dan and Tom. THANKS!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see your boys are both hanging on to the tractor with both hands. But still, they don't have the look of terror that I had when I rode on the fender with my Dad behind the wheel.

Jamie Dawn said...

They came through for you!
That's great that you can depend on them to put their skill into action and get the job done quickly.
I'm sure they felt your appreciation and loved helping you out.

JUST A MOM said...

TOO sweet, my girls only seem to come home to use the potty.in the door,,, run for the pot! Now that is home grown for ya.

Ralph said...

Cliff
You have some great help there - far better than Marty and I. Be proud - be very, very proud.
Ralph

eyes_only4him said...

sounds like way too much work for me Cliff...But hats off to you and your helper..

this is why i have kids as well..so they can help me when i am old a febal.i dont mean your old and febal..oh heck how do i get outta this one??..LOL

I want a farm:)

Anonymous said...

Great that your sons are there to help you! You are lucky to live on a farm. What a life!!!

Rhodent said...

GReat parents... great kids!