Monday, December 06, 2004

A Christmas Tradition Begins

When I think about Christmas Traditions I don't think of the same things my kids think about. I think about what we did, waaaaay back when I was a kid. In a few days, when the current rash of meetings and parties are gone I'll blog about that. But the reason I bring it up is that today my 6 year old Grandson came down for lunch with his Grandma. When I asked "what do you want to eat?". He shrugged and said, "whadaya got Grandpa?" I said "How about pancakes?" With a big smile and half way cheering, he said "Yeah, it'll make it seem like Christmas, We always get up and look at our stockings on Christmas morning and then we have pancakes!" Now if you figure that he probably doesn't remember his first 3 or 4 Christmas's, I guess it tells us to be careful with these young minds. They hold big memories. He has already started a tradition in his mind. Memories to look back on. I'm going to do my part to make sure they are worth remembering.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

loved reading this---RM