Friday, December 10, 2004

Too Much Sleep

I've always thought there was such a thing as too much sleep. I know the experts say you should sleep till you wake. But I've proven the opposite to be true. I have been using a C-pap machine (for sleep apnea). You use this every night when traveling as I did this week, to the state convention of County Officials, I took it with me. As I lay down on my bed in the Holiday Inn I thought that this is really uncomfortable. No 'sleep' numbers and to add insult, the mattress felt like it had been constructed with a piece of 3/8 composition board, buried about 2 inches below the surface. I thought, this will be a long night. I slept 8 hours straight thru.
Now wide awake I attended the conference that always has some highlights and more than it's share of really dull, pathetic speakers. They always seem to know their stuff, but could take public speaking tips from Ray Ramano.
My point is this. I have, up till now, been able to sleep thru these parts. Not now, not one nod. Eyes open. Listening. Anyone care to hear the 27 new acronyms the government has for the homeland security act. Don't let the bed bugs bite.

1 comment:

Ralph said...

Cliff

I have spent a lot of nights at Holiday Inn, I know what you mean about the beds. Don't you just hate it when a good nights sleep keeps you awake during a boring meeting.

Take Care

Ralph