Thursday, July 14, 2005

Booby Trapped Pancakes

Last week, my son and his wife were in the middle of their morning routine. He gets the baby out of bed, changes the diapers and takes her into Mom to feed. That used to be done in bed. However recently they have been weaning the baby and moving toward adult food.
They have had excellent success with breast feeding and saving a supply in the freezer. The baby had a ready supply whether Mom was there or not.
Well Mom took the baby into the kitchen to make breakfast and made her whole wheat pancakes. The milk in the recipe came from the supply of Mom's Best in the freezer.
My son finished his morning shower in the basement, sprinted up the stairs as per normal, and in one motion said "Oh pancakes", and popped one in his mouth. On about the second chew, his wife smiled and said, "uh, they're made with breast milk".
"You didn't give me a chance to tell you". Well the pancakes ended up splattered into the sink, and a glass of water was used to purge the system.
What do you think folks. Is spitting breast milk pancakes out, like they were a glass of sour milk, the correct reaction. What would you have done.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I'll post anonymous here, but I know of a husband somewhere that kind of liked it wheeew ---I'm blushing here

Rhodent said...

LOL!

JUST A MOM said...

OOOO MMMYYYY WORD! that poor guy, but you know I have seen some people use it for their coffee in a pinch. Don't you think that was a not so good lesson for he baby, "see daddy eats his pancakes"

bridgesitter said...

I've never encountered that problem before as I was always on the feeding end of it! Yep, I just felt like a milk truck for about 8 years. Call me carnation! But it sounds like your daughter-in-law has a good handle on things, you should be very proud of her.
I'm dodging the ettiquette part of this question, can you tell? I think there was a scene in a movie similar to what you described, so maybe spitting and splattering are normal reactions.
The question Cliff is, what would YOU do?

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of the ending of The Grapes of Wrath, and how grossed out I was with the old man breast feeding...

But, really, there were probably a lot of good nutrients in those pancakes!

Cliff, I decided to do things on my blog without John's help and managed to deleat 3 people's comments on my 7/5 post... Feel free to re-post if you like! Your comment yesterday was initially labeled as spam, but it's legit now!

Jamie Dawn said...

I wouldn't think it should be a big deal. He should have gobbled them up! I hope she gave him a good punch in the arm for his silly over-reaction.

Ralph said...

Cliff
Not sure what I would have done - but it does make you wonder how many he would have eaten if Julie never said anything.
Ralph

bridgesitter said...

The jury is still out on what Cliff has got to say on this matter, please stay tuned for the latest update via satelite live from Tekamah Kneebraska.
back to you Ralph-

Cliff said...

bridgesitter, I can dance. Dan said they tasted 'awful'. So,,,operating under my theory that life's too short to put bad tasting stuff in my mouth, I would have done the same thing Dan did. I think the normal additives we adults put in our pancakes was missing for our little 'Doll Face'. The Baby's Mom's a good cook so this is not an indictment of her culinary talents.

Idgie @ the "Dew" said...

Definately spit it out. Hey, did it taste anything like goat's milk? That stuff is awful!