Monday, July 18, 2005

It Was A Good Day

My oldest Brother and his Wife, celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary yesterday. They are going to a week long retreat with their family in a few days to celebrate. So this was our chance to take them to lunch. The couple are Marty's folks. They just moved back to the home town and are proving to be a 'wonderful addition' to our little community. The conversation usually goes like this. "Cliff, I met your Brother and his Wife, we are lucky to have them in town". They are the type of people who are quickly getting everybody's family tree figured out. Not a prerequisite for living in a small town, but it is recommended.
We took them to an Omaha restaurant where we met another brother and my boys and family from Lincoln.
We went shopping and got home for the finale'. 1.1 INCHES OF RAIN. I've got a busy week ahead, but the rain made it much easier to get up. And one more thing, THE SWEET CORN IS READY!

6 comments:

JUST A MOM said...

UUUMMMMM do you deliver?????
send some rain our way will ya.

Ralph said...

Cliff
Sounds like yesterday was a good day. Wish we could have been there. Tell them HAPPY ANNIVERSARY for us. Glad you got the rain. Hope it was slow drizzle type and not the downpour style.
Now, about that sweet corn . . . .
Ralph

Jamie Dawn said...

Glad to hear about anyone celebrating 50 years together! Lasting marriages are fewer these days.

I love corn on the cob. I munch it down and then need to floss afterwards. Yum, yum, yum.

I'm happy it rained.

Paul Nichols said...

In two weeks I'm going to write the same first sentence you wrote. I can't believe I remember the wedding.

And I saw the rain you got--on last night's weather report.

Anonymous said...

Because of you and Marilyn---the day was memorable and how wonderful to have the nephews join us--and clark and norma!!--We love being in Tekamah-- seeing you often--and renewing friendships--now we look forward to spending time with our children--Thank you so much---Robbie

Rhodent said...

Yummy! Let me know if you cook it up for a crowd using the garbage can method! ;o)