Wednesday, July 26, 2006

My Kryptonite

I went with Marilyn tonight. She wanted to run into the city to get several things that you just can't get here in Tekamah. At least not unless you steal them from someone who did make the trip to Omaha.
I was okay until we had to go into a craft/hobby/material store. I walked in and knew at once it was happening. I don't know if it was the fall bouquets of fuzzy flowers, the material, paints, canvas, paint by number sets, the pillow form my wife bought, the ribbon, the glitter, unfinished cheap wood stuff, or whatever but the energy began to drain from my body at an alarming rate. I was near the back of the store when it hit me with full force. My mind raced, 'should I dial 911', no if I go down it'll take 6 E.M.T's and a block and tackle to get me out of there. I must run for it. I knew immediately that I needed to somehow summons the strength to get to the gigantic sporting goods store next door. If I could get a Titelist golf ball in my hand I knew that would protect me.
The women at the cash register seemed to know my dilemma and didn't give me a look. It was as though it happened every hour there. "Hey Alice, did you see the look on that guys face when he was making a run for it?" "Yeah, he vomited just outside the door...call housekeeping."
Well I made it, I'm okay. The Nike drivers were on sale. I already had one but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

20 comments:

Unknown said...

I get that feeling when hubs traps me in a pawn shop or video store. Sucks the life right outta me...

Anonymous said...

Yea, though I walk through the Hobby Lobby ....

Anonymous said...

Are you and Ole Blue related?

Cliff said...

I very well may be Mrs Ole.

Miki said...

Poor cliff!

eyes_only4him said...

so cliff cant handle an arts and crafts store..good thing she didnt want to run to buy herself a new bra or under wear..although maybe u enjoy those stores a tad better..u are a guy afterall;)

Peter said...

Dress shops have always been my downfall Cliff, just why would a woman want to take a man with her to buy dresses.... Oh yeah.. money.

Kendra Lynn said...

LOL.
Scott hates goin' to certain stores with me, too. He just can't handle it.
He has to make a run for the nearest bookstore/computer supply store, as fast as he can.

Kendra

Rachel said...

Oh Cliff how funny!! Glad you got out before the EMT's had to be called.

LZ Blogger said...

Cliff ~ Well... at least it wasn't a wasted trip! ~ jb///

Cheyenne said...

Funny, that's exactly how I feel everytime we go into the tool section of a store. But, since marriage is give and take, I go with him. Yeah, for a couple of minutes..then I'm outta there!

Jamie Dawn said...

You mean you didn't find a craft you'd like to make?
You could have found a cute trinket to paint or you could have put together a lovely silk floral arrangement.
Does Marilyn have to do everything around there??!!! :)

Anonymous said...

My downfall is custom frame shops. You walk in and there are a zillion different styles and color frames and mattes. I usually make someone come with me. It just makes me dizzy.

Save yourself, Cliff. Run!!!

Raggedy said...

lol...very funny..hahaha
Have a wonderful day!
*^_^
(=':'=) meow hugs
(")_ (")Š from da Raggedy one

Jim said...

I'm glad you found a nice store while you were in Omaha.
If a guy looks hard enough there are fun places to go.
..

Paul Nichols said...

I know exactly what you're talking about. No matter what kinda store we go into--even a hobby store--she always manages to work in that fatal question: "Does this picture frame make me look too fat?"

I get hives.

Good post, Cliff! And so true!

poopie said...

That's why God made chocolate and vanilla...so you guys can escape from girlie stuff :)

Anonymous said...

LOL! Gr8 title and post. Poor U.
Here, I'll put a bow on your head... :)

PinkCat said...

Cliff did you have a brown paper bag with you?

Take care xx

Flower said...

Silk flower shop specializes in silk flower accessories,hawaaian lee ,silk wedding flower ,artificial flower.