Thursday, January 11, 2007

To Ralphs Kids! Go Get Em!

We had a terrific time with Ralph and Char last weekend. Their daughter has graduated from college and the reception for her was on Saturday. Tiffany already has plans for teaching the rest of the year but is reserving judgement on where after that. That is good enough at that age. An illustrious basketball career is over. We have watched her play high school and college basketball. She was good. She may (will) continue into coaching.
The Campbells also have a son. He has accepted a sales job for, among other things, truck mounted cranes. The big ones you see at large construction sites. When I say sales job I mean, thee salesman for the center of the United States. (8 or 9 states)
You see at the tender age of I think 25 to 30, he has developed himself into a 'super' salesman. And anyone who knows me will tell you I like 'good' salesmen and despise poor ones. Good sales people will send you home with exactly what you need. Nothing more or less. They are knowledgeable and often they stand between you and a dumb purchase.
Long story short; the two Campbell kids are going to be successful and fun to watch grow into their adult lives. They are both well equipped.
The point of this blog is that this is all pretty quick for Mom and Dad. But mostly Dad. I know all about the empty nest deal and it can hurt. But I know that what seems like the end is the beginning of new and exciting adventures in watching the developement of your family.
Ralph playfully mentions moving out of the city and has often talks of moving to our area. They have had three heavy snow storms in a row and last weekend he was wanting to move to Nebraska for the weather. THAT, right there, would be a first. No one in the history of man has ever moved here for that reason. (although I love the change of the seasons and the unique ways mother nature comes up with to try and kill us)
Well Ralph, we have had the mildest of early winters, and todays high is to be 38 then for the next week 19-18-16-12-12-13-20. With possibly heavy snow on Sat and Sun. Come on out.
UPDATE: Marilyn just called and said "come get me." I must go and clear a path so I can get her walker up to the stove and the dishwasher.

21 comments:

1 plus twins said...

i am so glad marilyn gets to come home. you etter take real good care of here. i can't imagine what ralph is going thru. i too think it is very exciting to watch your children grow but when mine all move out i think i am gonna loose it. of course drew tells me all the time that he and and his wife are gonna live with me forever!! ha ha

Anonymous said...

I had to read that last sentence twice.
I hope Marilyn comes home with her sense of humor!

Take good care of her!

EV said...

Cliff, remember the "Don't fool with Mother Nature" commercials from the 70's??

Well, don't fool with Mother Nature OR Marilyn .... I'm tellin' ya - it's good advice.

Anonymous said...

Poor Ralph!! I guess I should send him some snow if we get any!! Wouldn't he appreciate that?! I'm sure he's excited and so happy for his two children as they venture out in life. Your temps sound too cold too. He might as well stay in CO. Burrrr

I hope that you will post a picture for us when Marilyn wraps that walker around your head....if you are able that is. Perhaps she'll grab the camera and take one. Puleezeee Marilyn??!!??

PinkCat said...

You never cease to amaze me Cliff. All nicey nice and then wham with the path clearing. LOL

I feel for Ralph but I am sure there are many more good times to come.

Take care xx

Ralph said...

Thanks Cliff. I'll give you a call. Best wishes to your better half.
Ralph

Anonymous said...

The longer the nest is empty, the more pride there is in the knowledge that the kids have learned independence and responsibility.

Take good care of Marilyn. (I know you will)

Anonymous said...

Cliff, PLEASE go to my post on Dec 9th 2006 and study the second photo carefully.
I'm just sayin'.

Raggedy said...

I know you will take good care of Marilyn so your last is line is just funny..lmao

I don't think I will get a chance at the empty nest deal. Oldest is 28, then 14, and...and...and..then 4.....When my oldest graduated the now 14 started K...

God does not give you more than you can handle right?
And if anything it keeps us young.

Have a wonderful day!
*^_^
(=':'=) hugs
(")_ (")Š from
the Cool Raggedy one

Miki said...

Clear that path, Cliff, but remember, you may get hit with the frying pan, it is her knee, and not her elbow that was replaced, right? HEHEHEHE! very nice words for a very nice couple. I can't wait to hear of your adventures in the snow!

Paul Nichols said...

Cliff, when my mom was impressed, she always said something like "You write like a man after my own heart."

Dan said...

that last line made me laugh out loud.

Ralph said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ralph said...

Ralph's Homespun Headlines said...
Cliff
In order to help Marilyn out you could buy paper plates. It would probably help you out as well you'd only have to clear a path to the stove.
Weather update - you said the weather in Tekamah for the next week would be 19-18-16-12-12-13-20. How do you survive in that heat? Our weather for the next five days will be 8-5-6-8 and then we bust all the way up to 19. Wind chill outside right now minus 17. Enjoy Tekamah beach.
Ralph

LZ Blogger said...

Cliff ~ Take it from a guy who spent the first 50 years of his life in Orange County, California... there's a lot more life than 360 days of sunshine a year! ~ jb///

Jamie Dawn said...

Ralph's grown up kids are a product of good, loving parenting. I wish them great happiness and success in all they do.

I am pleased to hear that Marilyn's surgery went well, and that she is ready to get back to her REAL job, waiting on you, hand and foot. Her place is in the home, at the sink or oven or washer or dryer. I hope she can vacuum while using that walker. We can't have lint building up on your carpets, now can we?

I hope you are giving her some tender, loving care. She deserves it!!!

Anonymous said...

lol...have you got that path cleared yet, Cliff? ;)

Rhodent said...

I think that the Morrows and Campbells need a trip to Florida or a t least a CAribbean cruise! Good grief! I love the cold weather, but there is such a thing as too much of a good thing!

Take care ... and that paper plate idea sounds like a good one for the time being! Hope the knee and its owner are doing well!

Anonymous said...

I think she just wants you to get close enough to smack you with the walker...

Anonymous said...

How is Marilyn?? We need a brief update Cliff.

PinkCat said...

Cliff you could never be chopped liver.... never I tell you!!!

I hope Marilyn is recovering well and I hope that the bandage around your head is big enough. lol

Take care xx

P.S. Do you understand the concept of bloody? You know bloody washing...... its not really bloody.