Tuesday, May 24, 2005

We're Changing the Signal Men

Greg's comment below on 'He does Get it', got me to thinking about the time I had the dugout full of 13 and 14 year old boys. We were going over the pre-game details, including the various 'signs' for stealing, bunt, hit and run, fake bunt, and etc. Then I said (in jest) "Oh, I've changed the steal sign to this". Then I held my left arm parallel with the ground and used the first two fingers of my right hand to 'run' from my left hand to my left shoulder.
I was able to keep a straight face for another 10 seconds while the team silently stared at me. They were, shall we say, stunned. I wish someone would have taken a picture of those boys. Priceless.
And yes, I did change it back. I think it was 7 touches after the hat.

2 comments:

Jamie Dawn said...

That's cute. Those boys must have been thinking you'd lost your mind.
I'm thinking maybe you do actually have a screw loose, but then so do I...

Cliff said...

True JD, very true, you're not the first to accuse me of that.