Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Tonights Episode: What's That Smell

Screen Play by Cliff

Marilyn= M
Cliff=C

Door bursts open. Grandma enters with gleeful four year old. (should be dressed in pink and all smiles)
girl-Hi Gampa
C-Hi (from office-he is anxiously awaiting loving greeting from wife)
M- What stinks in here.
C-I don't know.
girl-Gampa, can I have a piece of paper to paint on?
C-Sure, here ya go.
M-(exits out door and re-enters a short time later) What stinks in here.
C-(thinking he should now defend himself because of the accusatory tone of the last statement) Well it's NOT me. i don't think ( his voice trails off)
M-(Puts groceries away and speaks) Something really stinks in here!
C-(almost a shout)WELL IT'S NOT ME!
C-Maybe it's the broccoli we had for lunch, where's the pan you cooked it in?
M-It's not the broccoli we had for lunch. That's gone. Something really stinks.
A short time later.
M-Found it.
C-What was it, the broccoli?
M-Yeah, from three days ago, it was still in the microwave.
C-At least it wasn't me.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure how I stumbled across you blog (blog hopping and checking out some names on other blogs ....) - at any rate, I have read for a week or so, even commented just a bit ago. And then I went back and started at the beginning of your blog. I'm glad this became more than just "20 minutes wasted on June evening". I have enjoyed reading -- the connection being from several things: Kansas, farming (my husbands family, not us personally ...), and CPAPs. When I got mine, I thought "Yeah, this will be like some of the other "gadgets" we've had to get, and then used once or twice.... Now almost 2 year later, I get a "gold star" from my pulmonologist for being his "best patient". 7 hours a night, 7 days a week. Thanks for sharing your stories!!!

JUST A MOM said...

MAN your lucky, I was thinking it was your feet again. How did the painting come out?

Gel said...

I think we all were bracing ourselves for the thwack from the stinky sneakers. P.S. You know I'm delighted to read your granddaughter was painting!

Rhodent said...

LOL... very few things smell worse! Glad it wasn't you!

Paul Nichols said...

...same thing. But we usually find it in the back of the refrigerator. Creative post, too.

Dan said...

Mom left something in the microwave??? No, how could that be? That microwave has such good memories, some of our best meals were left in there!

Rachel said...

I hate to say it but I was thinking it was goina be your feet!

Jamie Dawn said...

I bet that did smell.
You showed great restraint in not saying, "I told you so," or something similar.
It sounds like Marilyn has an acute sense of smell like I have. We KNOW when something stinks.
I'm sure after the stench was found and eliminated that you got your delayed, loving greeting.

Idgie @ the "Dew" said...

Least it wasn't asparagus!

Ralph said...

Sorry Cliff, I thought it was your feet too.
Ralph

Anonymous said...

Cliff,
Has it gotten to the point where Marilyn enters a room, sees you, and then starts to sniff for a rancid odor? Is this making you paranoid?

Don't worry, Cliff. I still like you. But then again, I don't have any sense of smell.

magz said...

now me, i USE that nuker, daily! Tho i did follow my nose past the cat box, past the fridge.. and found 3 ancient fishsticks in the oven last week.. they were so bad when i cooked em even the MICE wouldnt touch em!

'minds me; fer rank and skank? cant beat firing up the broiler on top of a family of baby mice whew DOGIES mouse fur stinks while cookin...

eyes_only4him said...

but did u leave it in the microwave???..LOL