Wednesday, April 27, 2005


(click on picture to enlarge) Okay Magz, here's yer liver chestnut. His name is Sarge, and they tell me he is the one horse that is being boarded here for a friend of the family. Interesting thing about this horse is that he and his owner have traversed more than 11,000 miles since they got together in 1994. Most of it leading wagon trains and trail rides.
Quoting from a story in a magazine here, "Together, Leger (owners name) and Sarge have led thousands of modern-day pioneers across the plains to Salt Lake City, Sacramento, Calif., and the Canadian province of Alberta. The duo have also traveled by themselves from Nebraska to California and to Texas. Last summer, Leger and Sarge led 18 wagons across Ohio to commemorate the state's bicentennial.
A horse that works for a living I'd say.

8 comments:

magz said...

i KNEW this horse had a story! and people scoff when i tell them i 'hear' horses... ha! I was listening to them looooong before Redford made a silly movie about horse whisperers, thanks cliffie!

Cliff said...

Any time MaggieMae

bridgesitter said...

All your horse's are so beautiful. Now I could look at them a looooong time. I haven't riden a horse (is that with 2 d's?) for many many years. I can still remember the feeling of total freedom and exileration (geeze I can't spell today) as we galloped through meadows, sometimes I can still put myself on a horse if I see a pretty pasture. Then I 'm off to imagining. Beautiful pictures.

Anonymous said...

Freedom and exhilaration??? more like helplessness and anxiety. I have to admit though, they look nice in pictures.
Dan

Anonymous said...

Cliff, nice photos (and I especially liked your shrooming series!)

Cliff said...

Thanks John, thats kind of you.

Gel said...

very pretty

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading through your blog and experiencing your perspective of things. I have my site called HorseOutlet. Lena Pinto