Saturday, February 19, 2005

Close Enough

Bob Newhart says he wasn't a very good accountant (his profession before comedy) because he always thought "within a few cents" was "close enough".
For the same reason I will never be a computer programmer. I've just spent 20 minutes trying to add Terah to my links list. The preview showed her name, right there under her husband John's name. I clicked save changes and ta-dah! Nothing. Well I'm hoping that one day I will open my blog to find Terah listed.
This is why I farm. When the bales fall off the wagon, it's obvious what needs to be done. On my computer I find myself talking to an object, outloud, and half yelling and half begging "Ah com'on. That's close enough isn't it??


Anonymous said...

"Close enough" only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.... So take your pick.


Ralph's Homespun Headlines said...


Been there, done that. Wait a minute, I am still there and still doing that. The most amazing thing is half the time I think the this stupid computer understands me.


Idgie @ the "Dew" said...

Join Blogroll - it's free and adds your links for you!

Anonymous said...

You're doing something right. My blog has had 7 hits from your blog since you posted this comment. Thanks for the link!


Green-Eyed Lady(GEL) said...

I feel for you. Well told especially w/ the refernce to Bob. I'm lucky that my patient husband will help me w/ computer technicalities, when he is here. That last part is the glitch, b/c this usually patient Green-eyed lady, has been known to be a tad impatient w/ the ole computer!