Sunday, December 25, 2005

From the Tenor Section

We had a Christmas Eve service at our church. It was a beautiful 'light' ceremony. Our choir sang at the event. In keeping with the solemnity due the occasion, just before the beginning, one of my tenors asked me,"Do you know why Chicken Coops have two doors?"
Not having an answer for him, he explained with a kind of 'duh' in his voice, "Well if they had four doors, they'd be called Chicken Sedans.
Note: The above story was carefully told in such a way, so as to divert blame, away from me.

8 comments:

Peter said...

I like the sound of chicken sedans Cliff.

Ralph said...

Cliff
That sounds like one of Dan's joke. But, I can see you leaaning over and telling it to someone.
Ralph

EV said...

Cliff, in northern Africa south of the Sahara and north of the equator they are called CHICKEN SUDANS. Punny, huh.

Rachel said...

Cute joke Cliff!

Jamie Dawn said...

Sounds like it was a lovely service with a tad of humor to lighten things up a bit.

taza said...

Here's the rejoinder joke you can tell the tenor:

Q: Why do flamingos stand on one leg?
A: Because if they didn't stand on one leg, they'd fall down!

hahahahaha

JUST A MOM said...

OH MY GOSHHHHHHH,,,,, hahah happy day after Christmas...

eyes_only4him said...

will you come direct our choir?

I have a bunch of jokes I could tell ya;)