Sunday, December 11, 2005

I Went Christmas Shopping Yesterday!

Yes, I'm a slow learner. It brought memories of this short blog I wrote about a year ago. It still applies. This Blogland Re-Premier is brought to you by Cliff Morrow Blogs where we like to say.. just about anything as long as it has a lot of letters in it. And now...The Show (Sorry there will be no Coming Attractions, because I never know what I'm going to write until just after I'm done writing it.)
Young Ladies and Other Thoughts
I have just completed my first shopping trip of the holiday season to Omaha. I have two thoughts on the subject. The first was that years ago when my boys and I would see someone with their pants being magically suspended in the half moon position and the bottom of the jeans were dragging in the dirt or a young lady wearing something that should have been worn by someone 40 pounds lighter or heavier than they were, I would simply say "no mirror". The boys would say "what", I'd say "no mirror, that poor person has no mirror or they wouldn't wear that".
Well the lack of an adequate supply of mirrors has reached epidemic proportions.
Secondly, while strolling thru Sams Club tonight, it dawned on me. Nothing says Christmas like a well lit, white wire, Christmas tree.

9 comments:

EV said...

I love it, "No mirror."

Peter said...

One would expect that in our affluent,(or is that effluent?)society mirrors would be more plentiful than ever, but no Cliff they are obviously getting more scarce with each new generation, shame!! although I'm not totally opposed to the mini-skirt!!!!

Cliff said...

Right there is the problem Peter. There are few who can wear a mini skirt and do it justice. The rest need mirrors.

Jim said...

Good shopping advice, Cliff. Buy the young friends mirrors.
I have a mirror and a half moon. Mine is a little differnent in that the half moon appears in my pants front. I'm not exactly when it showed up, it seemed gradual as my stomach grew larger. Large stomachs sort of run in my family.

Rachel said...

I don't think mirrors would help. They would just think they were "cool dude." I saw a teenager the other day walking by the road and the seat of his pants were below his knees! Honestly. I wanted to stop and ask him how he held them up! I don't understand it. Do they have like extra long suspenders or something?

Jamie Dawn said...

The "no mirror" comment sounds just like something my dad would say. He'd say, "Did they get dressed in the dark?"
Your act of holiday kindness should be to hand out mirrors to those in need.

poopie said...

You won't catch this old gal in a miniskirt...or anything spandex either ;) I don't need a mirror to tell me I'm out of that league.

JUST A MOM said...

Kinda sad isn't it,, to think those are the people who will be running our world some day. OH wait,,, MINE WILL,, that is why I hand picked their school I forgot ,,,,,,,Nevermind. Happy shopping Cliff.

Anonymous said...

Cliff,
Are you handing out fashion citations at the mall again?