Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Combs

My wife Marilyn and I have been gone for a few days. I have let my bald head, grow a little hair. Now, instead of combing my hair with a wash cloth, I've been using and actual brush. (fine bristled)
We got to our first night stay and I asked where the brush is. She said she wasn't used to packing a brush for me so she had forgotten. Yes ladies, it was my fault, I know packing my brush is my problem. BUT, she offered a solution. "I brought a comb, do you want to use that". "Absolutely, where is it".
She pulls out a 'pick' comb. Five teeth. I have ten hairs. Yes she has stopped laughing. And yes on the road the next day, while she sat beside me, I had thoughts of the movie 'Driving Miss Daisy'.

7 comments:

Gel said...

Hi CLiff!
I'm "combing" through my regular reads (I couldn't resist that one, so pick away at me.) You have a gr8 sense of humor. That was some movie. :) Oh, there's a nice warm sunset on my site, even though it's STILL snowing here in the south!

Cliff said...

gel, I've visited your site but can't leave comments. I'm not home right now and on a different computer and ISP. One of the two doesn't work with Blogger. Anyway thanks for stoppin by.

Ralph said...

Cliff
Here are a couple of secret for you, I use them frequently when I travel and forget my comb. Wear a hat and only take it off when the wind is blowing, then blame the condition of your unruly hair on the wind. Just a note, a gentle breeze is not the same as the wind blowing. Point two, often time if you get your hand wet and scrap it across the top of your head that works equally as well. As least it does for me - all 14 hairs are pretty well lined up. Use caution though - to much pressure and you can pull one of those beauties out.
Ralph

kips said...

Cliff:

To add to what Ralph said, when you follow point two don't lick your hand, just tap water will do.

Just clarifying this point a little.

Idgie @ the "Dew" said...

Hey, Mother's are notorious for using spit! If in a pinch - use it I say. :)

Funny story. Glad you're back in town and I love the photos you have posted below.

Rhodent said...

Recently discovered your blog... am enjoying it!

Anonymous said...

Wishing you all the best!