Friday, March 04, 2005

Martha's Out!!!

I am sooo happy. Martha is out. Seriously, given the nature of the crime, wouldn't a really big fine have been better. Her county or some charity could have used the money, and the taxpayers would have been spared the expense of incarcerating a criminal.
Our county does not have a jail. Our County Board is presented with a bill, every month, for 10 to 15 thousand dollars for incarcerating our prisoners in the next county. (which by the way is a bargain)
At our last board meeting I asked our county attorney if we could start a new 'fund' to bail our prisoners out of jail. You know, our County Sheriff arrests them, the judge throws them in jail, and the county board bails them out. Okay, a board member can't be saying stuff like that. I'm sorry. I was kidding. Sort of.
ps.. my boys down at the body shop have just called me on the phone and filed a protest of my use of the word 'muchly' in the last blog. Sorry, but you would think that with all of the words that have been invented, I wouldn't have to make some up. What do those folks at 'Websters' do all day.

3 comments:

Idgie @ the "Dew" said...

Have to agree - U.S. spent a whole lot of time and money to put a woman in jail for something that, while against the law, wasn't worth the money.

Big fat fine for Martha - make her pick up trash on the side of the highway or teach people in jail to read, something like that, and let's all go on our way.

Green-Eyed Lady(GEL) said...

thinking
pondering
laughing
shaking (my head)
Thx for this post- as you can see,it elicited a myriad of emotions, and none of them had to do with "etiquette" or "entertaining."

Cliff Morrow said...

Remember girls, "it's a good thing".