Monday, March 21, 2005

Rhodent

Rhodent wrote about how she was 'miserable' and sick and tired of being sick and tired. Then her husband had a mishap on an outing and he was now miserable.
I wasn't successful at leaving a comment so my question is this,,, when a woman says "My husband is miserable",,,, is that the same as when she starts a phrase with "My miserable husband".... I was never that good at English, so I'll assume they mean roughly the same thing. The reason I ask is that Marilyn always uses the latter.

2 comments:

Rhodent said...

It all depends... sometimes it's "my husband is feeling miserable" and sometimes it is "my miserable husband!" :o)

Gel said...

Cliffers, U consistently crack me up! This sometimes miserable wife (only about twice a yr ;), can feel miserable (that exact count is up for debate also :O). Of course, I never have anything do to with my honey feeling miserable.

I am so innocent. (looks up at the virtual sky w/ wide open green eyes) *^*. Poor you, reading this miserable comment, that I'm not deleting, b/c *MISERABLE* blogger has eliminated SOME of my misery by allowring me to comment.
Hope this doesn't give you a headache, miserable or otherwise. ;)